Helen is Nick’s sister and she successfully set up and established our Lettings Department back in 2013. Having spent much of her career prior to DY working in marketing, Helen now heads up our Marketing & Operations department. This suits her organisational skills, creativity and keen eye for detail perfectly! She loves taking long walks with her Labrador Finn and when time permits, travelling and visiting new places around the globe.
Top of my bucket list is…
To visit more new countries and ultimately, travel round Europe in a camper van.
My guilty pleasure…
Ben & Jerry’s cookie dough ice cream – I’ve got a very sweet tooth, for my sins.
When I was younger, I wanted to be…
If I were a superhero, my superpower would be…
To find a cure for cancer and dementia. Here’s hoping.
On Sunday morning, you can usually find me…
Up bright and early for a dog walk!
You might be surprised to know that…
One of my earliest qualifications as a teenager was as a Clarks trained shoe fitter. Ohh, all those back to school shoes!
The tier system announced by the Government last week to combat the increase in Covid-19 cases has caused some concern from people who are looking to sell or buy a home at the moment. The good news is that it shouldn’t.
This is because even in the highest tiered areas which the Government has said are at very high-risk, people can still move. Albeit with extra safety precautions which we’ve been practising for many months since lockdown.
The Bracknell area is currently in Tier 1 – which is described as ‘medium alert’ and includes several guidance points including:
– Businesses and venues can continue to operate, but pubs and restaurants must ensure customers only consume food and drink while seated, and close between 10pm and 5am.
– Takeaway food can continue to be sold after 10pm if ordered by phone or online.
– Schools and universities remain open.
According to a statement on its website on Friday 16 October, the Government advised: “You can still move home if you’re in a medium alert level area. Estate and letting agents and removals firms can continue to work, and people looking to move home can continue to undertake viewings. Follow the national guidance on moving home safely, which includes advice on social distancing and wearing a face covering.”
Our priority is your safety. And that’s why we have the following measures in place to allow us to show people properties they are interested in.
Here are six of our Covid-secure steps:
1) We ask clients to complete a viewing guidance questionnaire prior to arranging a viewing.
2) We and our viewers wear PPE on all viewings, including masks, gloves and shoe coverings.
3) We carry and ensure everyone uses hand sanitiser before and after each viewing.
4) We allow a maximum of two adults to attend the viewing.
5) We will be the only people to open or touch handles or cupboards.
6) We will wipe down any surfaces touched after the viewing has finished.
Everyone has a part to play in helping us all get back to normal as soon as possible, and we take our responsibility to keep you safe very seriously.
So, we’ll be following the guidelines and updates daily. And we’ll continue to help people buy and sell homes safely, securely, and successfully.
If you are a home seller or buyer in the Bracknell area and have any questions, please get in touch.